get a Minneapolis car accident doctor after crash with drunk driverApproximately 10,000 people die each year in U.S. drunk driving accidents, and more than a half-million are injured. And if you are hurt, you'll need the expertise of a an experienced Minneapolis car accident doctor to provide medical help. Keep in mind, if you’re on the road near a motorist displaying any of the following behaviors, you might be in danger of a collision with a drunk driver:

  • Making wide turns
  • Tailgating
  • Drifting into another lane/overcorrecting
  • Driving with headlights off at night
  • Sideswiping stationary objects
  • Driving below the speed limit
  • Leaving a turn signal on

You should pull over or get out of the drunk driver’s path if possible. Sometimes, however, a wreck with a drunk driver is unavoidable. In Minnesota, alone, in 2017:

  • Nearly 2,400 people were injured by drunk drivers.
  • 72 people died in alcohol-related accidents.
  • Arrests for driving while intoxicated (DWI) averaged 68 per day.

Why it's Important to Seek Medical Care from an Experienced Minneapolis Car Accident Doctor

While not all injuries after an accident with a drunk driver are life-threatening, even the slightest pain or strain can turn into something more serious if not properly treated. At 763-251-PAIN, our Minneapolis car accident doctor specializes in pain suffered in auto accidents, and can help treat your injuries, whether it's whiplash, arm & leg injuries, migraines and more.

If for some reason your injuries fall outside of the scope of our Minneapolis car accident doctor, our FREE referral service can help put you in touch with the right car accident doctor in the Twin Cities for your specific needs.

But that's not all our service can do. If you need an attorney to help you on your road to financial recovery, we have an entire network of skilled and experienced Minneapolis car accident lawyers to help you out, and as we mentioned before, our referral service is free of charge.

How No-Fault Insurance Affects Your Claim

Once you’ve obtained medical care, you’ll want to investigate your options for a financial recovery. If you’re injured in a wreck caused by a drunk driver in most U.S. states, you may file a third-party claim against that driver’s insurance company for your damages:

  • Medical bills
  • Lost wages
  • Property damage
  • Pain and suffering

Minnesota, however, is one of 12 states with no-fault auto insurance. That means you don’t have to prove negligence or fault for your wreck. You simply file a first-party claim with your own insurance company for the damages listed above. 

It might be hard for you to get sufficient compensation from your insurance if you have severe injuries, high medical expenses, and low coverage limits. In this case, you could have the option of filing a lawsuit against the drunk driver and/or the establishment that served the driver alcohol before your accident. Your chances of winning in court are best if the at-fault driver is convicted of DWI and you have an experienced attorney.

Have You Been Injured by a Drunk Driver in the Twin Cities?

If you were hurt in an accident with a drunk driver in the Twin Cities, you need an experienced Minneapolis car accident doctor right away to evaluate your injuries. Contact us online or call 763-251-PAIN for a free consultation. 

Post A Comment