Your life can be changed forever in many ways if you are hurt in a car accident caused by a negligent driver in the Twin Cities. A car crash back injury can cause chronic pain and limitations of movement that can jeopardize your ability to work and diminish the quality of your life, and the thought of trying to find a good, experienced Brooklyn Park car accident doctor to help you recover can be overwhelming.
Fortunately, our experienced Brooklyn Park car accident doctor can treat your chronic car crash back injury, or our FREE car accident doctor referral service can find someone for you who can.
Types of Car Accident-Related Back Injuries We Handle
The back is comprised of muscles, ligaments, tissues, tendons, and bones that begin at the neck and go all the way down to the pelvis. Any type of car accident, such as a rear-end collision, T-bone crash, or head-on accident, can cause serious back injuries requiring long-term, expensive medical treatments. Many victims in the Twin Cities never fully recover.
Following are some of the common types of back injuries we see:
- Herniated Discs: Discs are the cushions that separate the vertebrae in the spine. When a disc is displaced due to the impact of a car accident, it is referred to as a herniated disc. This condition can put pressure on the spine and nearby nerves and commonly affects the lower back. Symptoms can include intense pain in the buttocks, thighs, or calf, numbness or tingling in the body part served by the damaged nerves, and muscle weakness.
- Bulging Discs: A bulging disc occurs when the outer layer of the disc swells out of the vertebrae and puts pressure on surrounding nerves. Unlike a herniated disc, the inner material of the disc has not seeped out from the outer layer of the disc. Bulging discs often affect the lower back and neck. Numbness, tingling, and radiating pain in the arms or legs are some common symptoms, though not everyone with this medical condition will experience them until their medical condition deteriorates.
- Compression Fractures: Compression fractures are tiny cracks in the bones of your spine that can occur as a result of car accident trauma. These fractures can cause the vertebrae to collapse, press on nearby nerves and the spinal cord, and lead to the loss of oxygen and blood to the spinal cord. Chronic pain, blood clots in the legs, and nerve problems are some long-term complications.
- Lumbar and Thoracic Fractures: These spinal fractures often occur in high-impact vehicle accidents and head-on collisions and can be very serious, sometimes causing permanent nerve damage. Thoracic fractures affect the center of the back, while lumbar fractures occur in the lower back. Some of the most common symptoms of these spinal fractures include increasing pain in the back with movement, numbness and tingling of the limbs, and bowel dysfunction.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Injuries to the spinal cord can be catastrophic, causing partial or total paralysis. Spinal cord injuries can cause permanent disability, with accident victims requiring a lifetime of expensive medical treatment, medication, therapy, and assistance with basic needs. Secondary complications, such as infection, blood clots, bleeding, and pneumonia are also a concern.
Contact the #1 Brooklyn Park Car Accident Doctor and Doctor Referral Service in Minnesota
If you hurt your back in a motor vehicle accident caused by another’s negligence, it’s critical that you obtain the medical care right away. However, after a serious wreck, you may be in too much pain to search for a qualified doctor to treat your injuries. That’s where we come in. Our Brooklyn Park car accident doctor has years of experience treating chronic car crash back injuries and can help you too. And if he can't, our FREE car accidnet doctor referral service will put you in touch with a physician who can.
We can connect you with the right Brooklyn Park car accident doctor who has a solid record of success helping accident victims recover from car crash back pain and other car accident injuries.Call 763-251-PAIN today to talk to one of our local accident experts. Don’t delay! We’re standing by ready to help you.