When you’ve been injured in a car accident, the cost of hiring an attorney is no small concern. You may already be coping with steep medical bills and loss of income from missed time at work while trying to heal from painful injuries. Fortunately, a contingency fee arrangement can allow you to secure the representation you need at no upfront cost.
Contingency Fee Arrangement Benefits
Most personal injury attorneys don’t require upfront payments from vehicle accident victims. Instead, the lawyer will only be paid if he is successful in securing compensation for his client. This arrangement offers a number of benefits, including:
- The attorney is motivated to secure the maximum possible compensation for his client since he will receive a predetermined percentage of the total settlement.
- A contingency fee agreement ensures that the client has an attorney who believes in his case. Since the lawyer will only be paid if there is a successful case outcome, he is unlikely to agree to represent a client whose claim has no merit.
- An injury victim can receive quality representation from an experienced attorney regardless of his financial situation.
Understanding the Contingency Fee Agreement
When you hire an attorney to represent you in your vehicle accident case, you’ll probably be asked to sign a contingency fee agreement. Before doing so, ensure that you read the agreement carefully, that you understand it, and that your attorney has answered any questions you may have. Additionally, you should know that:
- You will typically be expected to reimburse your attorney for any expenses related to your case, such as the cost of copies of your medical records or the cost of hiring expert witnesses.
- Your settlement may be subject to a medical lien. Your attorney will be required to repay this lien before distributing your settlement proceeds to you.
How to Get the Help You Need
If you’ve been injured in a vehicle accident, you need an advocate who knows how to connect you with an experienced attorney to help you receive the compensation you deserve. We can also locate a qualified and compassionate doctor for any medical treatments you may need. When you call 763-251-PAIN, we will guide you through the medical and legal car accident maze. We are your #1 resource for medical and financial recovery from Twin Cities vehicle accidents, and we’re here to help!