Internal bleeding after a car accident in the Twin CitiesCar accidents are the number-one cause of internal injuries, which result when the body of a driver or passenger hits a dashboard, steering wheel, or windshield in a crash. Because an internal injury is not visible, it’s important to know the symptoms of internal bleeding after a car accident may be.

Symptoms of Internal Bleeding From a Car Accident

  • Abdominal pain and swelling
  • Change in skin color
  • Tenderness of the back, stomach, and chest
  • Slurred speech
  • Fainting
  • Nausea
  • Cold, clammy skin
  • Mental confusion
  • Shortness of breath
  • Dizziness

If you experience any of the above symptoms after a car accident, you should seek medical attention immediately. Untreated internal injuries can result in organ failure, shock, or death. 

An experienced car accident doctor can examine you, take X-rays, and perform other tests to determine whether you have internal bleeding or related injuries. Immediate diagnosis also provides proof that you were injured in your car wreck. This proof is necessary to your insurance claim for damages, which you will file with your own auto insurer since Minnesota is a no-fault state

The Need for an Attorney

Internal injuries can mean hospitalization and extensive medical treatment, as well as time off work for recovery. If you’ve suffered internal organ damage, you could lose future earning potential and need ongoing treatment for an extended period of time or even for life. Minnesota law allows you to file a claim with your insurance company for damages from your accident:

  • Medical expenses
  • Property damage
  • Lost wages and applicable loss of earning potential
  • Pain and suffering

Because internal injury claims can be expensive for insurers, your own company might become adversarial and try to deny your claim or offer you an unacceptably low settlement before you’ve recovered sufficiently to know what your total medical bills will be. In such a case, you need a car accident lawyer on your side to:

  • Organize and present your medical evidence convincingly
  • Call in expert witnesses if necessary
  • Put a dollar amount on your pain and suffering to determine the total value of your claim
  • Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf
  • Take your case to trial and fight for you in court if necessary

Have You Sustained Internal Bleeding From a Twin Cities Car Accident?

Our car accident doctor may be able to relieve some pain associated with internal injuries, and our free referral service will find a local physician to treat any injuries we cannot address. We’ll also find an experienced car accident lawyer to help you get fair compensation for your damages. Contact us online or call 763-251-PAIN for a free consultation. We’re the number-one referral service for Twin Cities car accident victims with internal bleeding.

Post A Comment